Photo Credit: Michael Otaru (Uncle Oye)
Somehow, I don’t get Halloween. It’s a whole cultural movement that I totally missed while growing up. I don’t enjoy horror movies and I don’t like being scared shitless. But I like fashion and dressing up. So Halloween makes me think about fashion. I think “make-up”, “colours”, “outfits” etc.
Photo from American Live Wire
In fact, I’ve been thinking about starting a fashion blog. I think I’d really enjoy it. To see what good fashion blogs are out there and what they offer, I went to the Top 20 blogs as nominated by LOOK magazine. These are few of my favourites:
Let me know what you think about these blogs in the comments and if you have any tips, idea, dos amd don’ts for me, please let me have it! :-)
- What the World of Fashion Blogging Has Taught Me (michellepimmblogs.com)
When I’m tired and weary, strength comes from the oddest places. I have spoken in pictures more than words in recent months so it seems appropriate that I “show” you rather than tell you how I get up… Indeed, there are times when I’m knocked down. The trick is not to get knocked out.
1. I believe in God, the universe, in time, in space and that everything happens for a reason…. Somehow, this helps me get up because there’s hope.
2. The darkness and the tunnel do not go on forever. There were times when I think, “this is too hard… ” But I see light at the end of the tunnel. To see the light, I have to get up!
3. Ultimately, I have an alter ego that really kicks ass. Sometimes, she comes on the scene late but she does bring it when she comes. I’ve learned to be a tiny bit more patient with myself. Also, the solution we seek may not be the solution we get…but it’s still a solution and things work out.
In the Day
Photo Credits: Yekemi Otaru
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (andrefromholland.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: horizons (jrsyjueco.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (lucidgypsy.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (lifeconfusions.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (cloudedclearly.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (photodayblog.wordpress.com)